Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse/Customer Collaboration Platform unable reply with attachments

adam bessell
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Our Agents using Finesse/Customer Collaboration Platform are unable to type responses into the reply body with emails with more than 10 attachments. We are wondering if this is due to specific limits or another issue. There are two things that take place :

1) We are not getting the attachments when people send more than 10. All we see is a yellow error message on the top of the email stating ‘Unable to display the file attachments as their total number exceeded 10. This email cannot be forwarded.’

2) There are times when  replying to an email, but the email disappears. We’re not quite sure what happens…if it’s a network issue, or.….but not sure if the email disappears or if it gets requeued…or what ends up happening with that email.

The attached is an example of a error that shows....

4 Replies 4

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

I am not following this completely, but you may have to check with your email administrators to see if they have any limitations with number of attachments in an email. I have seen email size limitations, which blocks sending out or receiving an email which exceeds size restrictions.

Regards,

Piyush Aghera

BLOG

Piyush,
I appreciate your response and support.
I confirmed what you provided and it appears the situation we are encountering is a matter of hitting the maximums from Cisco for email queues.
• You can add up to 10 attachments to an email reply to a customer. The following limitations apply:
o The size of a single attachment must not exceed 10 MB.
o The total size of all attachments must not exceed 20MB.
o No further attachments can be attached to the outgoing emails.
• The maximum number of recipients allowed per field (To, Cc, and Bcc) is 20

Can you comment on these follow up questions I have. Are all the above default max limitations set by Cisco? If these limits are hit often will this negatively effect other emails being processed in que by Agents? For example cause freezing of email to other agents or emails to error out to others?

Respectfully ,
Adam

Can you provide details about your setup, i.e., system version, email provider etc.

I'll be happy too. Please see the following:
UCCX Version: 12.5.1.11003-511 (su3-ES02)
Virtual Machine Specs: (HA Mode 2 nodes)
4 vCPU
20 GB Memory
2 X 146 GB HDD

CCP Version: 12.5(1)-430
Virtual Machine Specs:
4 vCPU
12 GB Memory
1 X 146 GB HDD
1 X 256 GB HDD

Regards.