Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse Gadget makeRequest on HTTPS

tamas.csizmadia
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,
I have an issue with makeing REST request with the gadgets.io.makeRequest() in finesse version 10.5(1).
My gadget based on the Sample WebService gadget, the tomcat webserver is running with https protocol and I add the tomcat's certificate to Finesse trust list.
Unfortunately, the request responses with a status code of 500, the message is:  javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: peer not authenticated.
The gadget and the requested web service is running on the same tomcat server, the gadget loads properly.

*Obviously, the finesse javascript library and jquery has available by the gadget.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark Swanson
Level 4
Level 4

Are you using self-signed certs or CA-signed certs? Does your cert contain the FQDN or Hostname of the web server. Check the gadget layout configs... the gadget URL should reflect the Certificate Name (CN) format of the web server certificate.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark Swanson
Level 4
Level 4

Are you using self-signed certs or CA-signed certs? Does your cert contain the FQDN or Hostname of the web server. Check the gadget layout configs... the gadget URL should reflect the Certificate Name (CN) format of the web server certificate.

The problem was with the certification. We use F5, and the certification's alternate name had not contains the server's CN.