Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse Installation Error

rizzi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Cisco Finesse. I am trying to install Cisco Finesse 12.5 but unable to do so. I have tried using the OVA file, without the OVA file, with Thick Provisioning but continue to experience the same failure with the below error message. I am using esxi7 for the installation.

rizzi_0-1667443381022.png

can someone please provide any information on what could be the cause.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Dmytro Benda
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @rizzi 

Are you installing your Finesse VM on a Cisco approved hardware server\platform? Also, don't you have Read\Write problems with hard drives (HDDs) on that server? I faced similar issues in the past with CUCM VM installation and we solved them by replacing our HDDs in Cisco UCS-C server. 

In our case there was an additional symptom also - the installation progress was extremely slow and finally it failed. That's why we decided to test HDDs, because of their slow Read\Write speed (they were old enough). 

My Cisco Unified Communications Blog

riz2
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Dmytro,

I am installing the VM on a Dell R730 server/esxi 7 with 4TB space and 128 GB RAM. I have had no issues with any other installations such as CUCM, CUC, CER, UCCX for version 12.5. This is the first time I am coming across this. I have tried installing the Finesse on Thin/Thick provisioning, 2/4 vCPU, etc. Each time I continue to get the same message. I have also attempted to install it on VMWare Workstation just to see if this changes anything, but still getting the same error message.

Did you do a media check of your Finesse iso installation file? Is you iso image ok? isn't is corrupted? Didn't you try another iso image? 

My Cisco Unified Communications Blog