Replies

Generate new ACD during live call and then have it auto join

leonardjam1
Level 1
Level 1

I've been asked by a Contact Center supervisor to meet the following scenario:

1 -Operator is on a call with customer

2 -Operator generates new ACD call without placing existing call on hold

3 -ACD Agent gets call, answers and hears generic message "You are being reached to work the XYZ customer"

4 -Answered ACD Call is then joined/conferenced into initial operator call, preferably without initial call be placed on hold

Step 2, I do not see how to do this (i have suggested Jabber/email messaging but their request it that an ACD call be placed as it will reach the expected resource). Is there a successful way to generate a new call without placing the existing one on hold?

Step 3, I am not aware of a way to offer an audio file to an Agent after the call is answer but before the call is connected, has anyone ever done this?

Step 4, again, no clue how to do this.  I am not aware of auto-answering a call into a conference.  I have suggested barge mechanism via Finesse Supervisor but that has not been accepted.

While the scenario above offers multiple challenges, I am curious if any one step has been successfully implemented by any UC groups out there.

For reference, we are using PCCE 11.5, UCM 11.5 SU4, with 7841 phones, Operators are Agents using the 2Ring Compact Agent

1 Reply 1

Not sure how to do it either, but a few ideas that may or may not work.

#2- I don't think it is possible, if the goal is to avoid the customer to listen to MOH then just remove the MOH or add a 5-10secs silence at the beginning of it, it should be enough time to create the other call.

#3- Using a whisper, is the closest think I can imagine. (https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/icd3-0-whisper-to-agent-before-call-is-connected/td-p/209649#1043973)

#4- I don't think is possible.

It will be good to know other people opinions

Rolando A. Valenzuela.