Views
Helpful
Replies

Get Digits Question

k6lw
Level 4
Level 4

IPCC Enterprise/ ICM 6

I am using the filter option in a get digit step. If the caller enters a number that isn't allowed the script goes to the unacceptable label.

At this point I want to tell the caller the digit they entered X is not correct.

If I attempt this, all I get is a blank. I still want to know what the digit is they entered. According to the help files the digit is stored. How can I access this info?

Lee

3 Replies 3

Right click on properties for the GetDigitString node. The resulting caller entered value will be stored in the variable designated "ResultValueString". Check that variable designated there. You can use the If node. If variable == value, then do something.

Hope that helps. Please rate posts.

Huh? If I right click on the GetDigitString node and then click on Properties, I tell the node where to store the data entered. In this case I have a string variable called Pos1.

I don't see any variable called ResultValueString.

The "problem" is if the caller enters a digit that according to the filter is not allowed, the system processes the digit, executes the Unsuccessful step and DOES NOT store the value in Pos1.

I need to know which one of the "filtered" digits was selected. e.g. I only allow digits 1,2,3,4 to be selected. If the caller presses 6, I want to tell them that "6" isn't allowed, not just tell them "try again".

Lee

I get it. So, basically you need to accept all the digits. Then, check in the successful node. So, if valid values ar2 1-5, then you need to check. If pos1==1 || pos1==2 || pos1==3 || pos1==4 || pos1==5, do the valid thing. Else get the pos1 value and do something else.

So, you do need to accept all the values in GetDigitString.