Views
Helpful
Replies

Get Reason Codes in Non-Gadget Sample

azizshaik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I used the non-gadget sample in to custom .net web application. to get it to work i have used the redirect rules give to me in my earlier posts, i am kind of struck at point where i need to pass in the reason code for the agent to sign out. i have tried 2 approaches to get the reason codes.

1. Send an ajax call to the finesse server to get the reason codes, the ajax call code is mentioned below, using this approach i ran in to a couple of issues.
    1. i get a No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource error when i do a GET operation.
    2. i get a parser error if i change the dataType to jsonp in the ajax call, even if i get the reason codes back from the server.
  2. the second approach i used is to wire up a call in finessenongadget.js to get the reason codes. but for some reason the redirect piece doesn't work. when i look at debugger in chrome, i could see that the request wasn't redirected to the finesse server and hence i was getting an error.

First Approach

$.ajax({

type: 'GET',

url: reasonCodeUrl,

headers: {

"Authorization": "Basic " + btoa(username + ":" + _password),                       

},

dataType: 'xml', or 'jsonp'                   

success: function () {

alert('Success!');

}

});

Second Approach.

this.getReasonCodes = function (agentid, handler, errHandler) {       

var method = "GET",           

url = _webappPath + "/api/User/" + agentid + "/ReasonCodes?category=NOT_READY";       

_sendReq(url, method, null, null, handler, errHandler, null, null);

};

Has any one faced this issue before, any help would be appreciated.

Aziz

3 Replies 3

azizshaik
Level 1
Level 1

Ok,

I was able to narrow this down, when i ever i am trying to send a GET request with parameters it doesn't seem to work but if i just retrieve a single reason code, it seems to work. so my question over here is why does this url work

http://myurl/finesse/api/User/70000/ReasonCode/12

while this doesn't

http://myurl/finesse/api/User/70000/ReasonCodes?catergory=NOT_READY

i have looked at the _sendReq function in finesseongadet.js file and have changed the flag processData to true as well, it still doesn't seem to work.

am i missing some thing over here... any help would be appreciated...

Hi Aziz,

I am trying to figure out the amount of effort required to build the complete call control toolbar by utilizing the non-gadget sample.

Based on your above post, it looks like you have been implementing agent status and call control using non-gadget sample, could you help to understand an estimated effort required to build the non-gadget based cti toolbar in an existing custom CRM web application?

Thanks,

Roshan

the non-gadget is a good example to start with as a POC but i would recommend using the finesse javascript libs and the caxl libs in CDN.

there is a lot of functionality that needs to be put in case you are starting from scratch and the non-gadget source wont suffice your needs. it will require considerable effort and time just to emulate the call control since you will have a lot of factors that needs to be considered like failovers, updating the dialog variables etc..