Views
Helpful
Replies

Global Session

tim.moomaw
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have quite a few applications that query XML documents for Holidays and to check if a service area is experiencing an outage.  If there is an outage then the outage notification plays until the supervisor calls in and disables it.  Apparently all these XML checks are increasing the HEAP memory within the UCCX environment and I have received the infamous "It is not recommended to update the application as Engine heap memory usage exceeded configured threshold....." warning.

I read Bug CSCtf13713 and the last 'workaround' mentions creating a global session.

I'm assuming the global session/mapping needs to be configured in the calling script?  Can someone shed light on how to use the session mapping, get session, and other scripting objects needed to configure a "global session?"

Also - the bug writeup states that the xml file would be read into memory for 30 minutes and would not time out if contacts continuously called in (it would only be re-read if the object in memory expired after 30 minutes).  Does that mean that if the supervisor disables the outage notification and the application has a high call volume throughout the day that the session mapping would not get updated once the supervisor changes the status?

I've already taken a look at the standard guides on the UCCX support page...getting started with scripts, etc....

UCCX 7.01 SR5

Thanks for any input.

15 Replies 15

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for sharing this, I know this is an old post but hoping you or someone else could answer something for me.  If I use the global session to read in an XML file, and use the "Create XML Doc" step to read the variable that contains the document, this allows me to use subsequent XML steps such as "Get XML Document Data".  Would this prevent the HEAP memory issue as I'm reading a session variable into the "Create XML Doc" step rather than a document from the repository or could I still run into the HEAP exhaustion issue?

Regards