Level 1
Level 1

How do  you switch off /Disable the browser in Ciscio Desktop Agent

5 Replies 5

joesnyde
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Simon

You did not mention the version of UCCX. However, disabling the integrated browser is the same for all versions, but getting to the Cisco Desktop Administrator (CDA) tool is different in newer versions, 8.x and 8.5.x.

Launch CDA and expand the tree in the left pane > Call Center 1 > Work Flow Configuration > Work Flow Groups > CAD Agent > User Interface. From the user interface select the tab Browser Setup and remove the check from Enable Integrated Browser. The agents will need to close and relaunch CAD for the changes to take affect.

Page 72 of CDA guide also describes how to disable this feature.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/user/guide/cda85ccxug-cm.pdf

Regards

Joe

Is it possible to use an configure file e.g ini

Hi Simon,

Not sure why you need to configure this through ini when you have the ability to disable the feature through the CDA interface? Are you trying to disable the feature for a specific group of agents? The configuration comes from the server rather than the agent configuration.

Joe

Hi Joe,

I followed your instructions to find this option, but in the CAD interface for my call center I don't have that tab. I have Toolbar, Show Data Fields, and Miscellaneous. I only have the Browser tab for CAD-BE. Do you know how I can enable this tab for regular CAD?    

Hi p.drauden

Are you in the Cisco Desktop Workflow Administrator (CDA) or at the CAD clients? What version of UCCX is deployed? Their are different ways of getting to CDA depending on your version of UCCX. I have attached a screenshot for your reference. Uncheck the box for the integrated browser to disable this feature in CAD. Click the apply button, then have the agents close and restart CAD for the changes to take affect.

Page 72 of CDA guide also describes how to disable this feature.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/user/guide/cda85ccxug-cm.pdf

Regards

Joe