Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with VM scripting

we have created a script with VM in queue and play back.  Once the agent plays back their VM that has been delivered to them, we want them to be able to "save " or "forward" the vm over to unity.  We have created the routing rule that delivers the call right to the VM, but we can not get the message to play.  Any suggestions on how to do this?

I have tried  Place Call, Consult Transfer and call Redirect and none seem to get the message to play in the Unity VM.                  

5 Replies 5

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

did you try the "Play prompt" step? I would probably add a "Place Call" step, and add this "Play Prompt" step to the Successful branch of the "Place Call" (unless some DTMF is requested, but you can send DTMF with the "Send Digit String" step.

By the way, what is the reason of using Unity here? UCCX would be perfectly capable of recording and sending messages. Just being curious.

G.

Thank you for your suggestions.  I am playing with the Play Prompt and the Place Call step, but the message does not play in the VM to be recorded.  I think I may  be using "out call contact" and "triggering contact" incorrectly.

My challenge is that after the agent Listens to their VM , they want to be able to save it, we thought of emailing it to the agent, but they are using email queuing so that may be too complicated.

Here is a snapshot of what is not working.

Hi,

what is exactly this entered_CallBack_Number?

Can you do reactive debugging on the UCCX and also trace the call in Unity to see what happens?

G.

entered_callBAck_Number is the extension where the VM will be forwarded. it includes a route pattern that goes right to VM. its 77XXXX where XXXX is the extension.  Its got to be something simple i am missing.

Can't you email it to Unity?  I might be mistaken, but I'm assuming this is possible or at least it used to be with the old Windows Unit.  Not sure if UCX supports this.

david