cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can i use Text to speech(Bing) voice name, gender and other persona in call studio template

Nadesan Gopal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Anyone please let me know how i can use bing tts voice name in call studio vxml template.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Nadesan

4 Replies 4

I've never seen this done, but and I assume you're not on 12.5 which support Google TTS. Look at how other people have integrated other TTS services using UniMRCP.

david

Hi David, 

Thanks for the reply!

I have integrated unimrcp with Bing & Polly TTS. Configuration for Voice Name and other persona but all i can do in the server default configurations but I want to handle in client side (Cisco VXML Template). How I can send params with tts request? 

Regards,

Nadesan

ptindall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can do it using a custom media server that serves TTS output from cloud speech services.  There's an example here.  There's also a CVP extended audio element to make it as easy as possible.  Speech service, codec, voice, gender etc are specified in the media URL path.   Works with Google and Microsoft currently but readily extended.

https://app.box.com/s/u6rogkkk4tf785h1ia158gm6ddkaxu79

Nadesan Gopal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ptindall,

Thanks for the reply. 

We have a BOT Application for which we want to use Bing as the TTS for voice response

1. What we do typically is this. Generate a text response from our BOT system and send it to the VXML application.
2. The VXML application will then call the MRCP server which has plugins to multiple cloud TTS services say Bing Polly etc
3. We will allow our users to select say a Bing voice and other prosody params from the BOT Application UI. To generate a voice response we want to send these parameters from the BOT application to VXML call flow
4. We further want to pass these parameters from VXML call flow to the MRCP server. How can this be done?
5. If there is a better way please advise?