cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How intensive is get reporting statistic?

ecornwell
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I'm writing a script for a small group of small call centers.  (3-5 agents to 12 agents each.)  The most important consideration is time to answer calls so when writing the script, we were looking if there were more than say 7 calls queued, the first 4 calls would be moved to an overflow queue.  The overflow queue would allow agents from one of the other call centers to assist.  From what I can see from my logic, we would need to do a "get reporting statistic" check about every 5 or so seconds for the check to be effective time wise.  What kind of strain will that cause on the server?  There will be about 14 of these small call centers that each have the ability to take 12-18 calls. 

Thanks!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Tanner Ezell
Level 4
Level 4

Running the Get Reporting Statistic step frequently will have a

negligible impact on your systems performance (SQL is pretty fast).

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

View solution in original post

bsugamele1
Level 4
Level 4

I agree, it will be negligable. I am running the get reporting statistic step on all of my 15 or so scripts in production and we are taking about 2000 calls per day. I have a couple of MCS 7845s in an HA cluster and rarely see CPU utilization over 10%.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Tanner Ezell
Level 4
Level 4

Running the Get Reporting Statistic step frequently will have a

negligible impact on your systems performance (SQL is pretty fast).

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

bsugamele1
Level 4
Level 4

I agree, it will be negligable. I am running the get reporting statistic step on all of my 15 or so scripts in production and we are taking about 2000 calls per day. I have a couple of MCS 7845s in an HA cluster and rarely see CPU utilization over 10%.

Thank you both for your responses, that was the information I was looking for!