cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to download VoiceXML Web Application from CUE?

wuyuke1982
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

Our customer has already had CUE IVR working with VoiceXML function.

what we need to do is to study their existing IVR with VXML, make certain change base on

current requirement.

however after a couple days dig through their CUE system and googling, I didnt find a way to get the

original "war" file mentioned in link below.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel3_0/vxml/developer/guide/vxmljsp.html#wp1060138

I understand that after deploying the web application to CUE, it will create a folder under "IVR > VXML Applications"

my questions are

1. how can we download all deployed WAR files from CUE?

2. or how can we get the original VXML and JSP files?

3. any way to reverse engineering the deployed files back to WAR file?

thanks

Yuke

6 Replies 6

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

SDK: log on to CCO, and navigate to Cisco Unity Express Version 8.5 then Unity Express Utilities-8.5.1

Or try this direct link:

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=283734013&flowid=31834&softwareid=282774364&release=8.5.1&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

WAR file: it's just a compressed file but chances are high the application server running on CUE deletes it after decompression. Try to browse through the file system of CUE.

The original JSP and VXML files should be there too.

"Reverse engineering" of WAR packages is easy, all you need to do is decompress them using unzip.

Good luck.

G.

Hi Gergely

thanks for ur reply. I downloaded the 7.0.6 version of sdk due to my CUE is at version 7.0.

1. I tried to build it a few time with no success. is there any trick on building the war file?

######################################################

C:\ant\bin>echo off

C:\ant\bin>C:\ant\bin\build.bat -v

C:\ant\bin>REM 56789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789

C:\ant\bin>REM -----------------------------------------------------------------

------

C:\ant\bin>REM build.bat -- Build Script for WEBAPP

C:\ant\bin>setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion

C:\ant\bin>REM Execute ANT to perform the requested build target

C:\ant\bin>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\j2re1.4.2"\bin\java -classpath c:\ant\li

b\ant.jar;c:\ant\lib\optional.jar;"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\j2re1.4.2"\lib\to

ols.jar;c:\webapp\webserver\lib\commons-logging-api.jar;c:\webapp\webserver\lib\

container_util.jar;c:\webapp\webserver\lib\core_util.jar;c:\webapp\webserver\lib

\crimson.jar;c:\webapp\webserver\lib\etomcat.jar;c:\webapp\webserver\lib\facade2

2.jar;c:\webapp\webserver\lib\jakarta-regexp-1.3.jar;c:\webapp\webserver\lib\jas

per-runtime.jar;c:\webapp\webserver\lib\jasper.jar;c:\webapp\webserver\lib\mx4j-

jmx.jar;c:\webapp\webserver\lib\mx4j-tools.jar;c:\webapp\webserver\lib\servlet.j

ar;c:\webapp\webserver\lib\stop-tomcat.jar;c:\webapp\webserver\lib\tomcat-coyote

.jar;c:\webapp\webserver\lib\tomcat-http11.jar;c:\webapp\webserver\lib\tomcat-jk

2.jar;c:\webapp\webserver\lib\tomcat-util.jar;c:\webapp\webserver\lib\tomcat.jar

;c:\webapp\webserver\lib\tomcat33-coyote.jar;c:\webapp\webserver\lib\tomcat33-re

source.jar;c:\webapp\webserver\lib\tomcat_core.jar;c:\webapp\webserver\lib\tomca

t_modules.jar;c:\webapp\webserver\lib\xalan.jar;c:\webapp\lib\ivrjsp.jar -Dtomca

t.home=webserver org.apache.tools.ant.Main

Buildfile: build.xml

prepare:

compile:

[jspc] Compiling 9 source filesC:\ant\bin\jsp-gen

[java] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/jasper/JspC

[java] Exception in thread "main"

BUILD FAILED

file:C:/ant/bin/build.xml:50: Java returned: 1

Total time: 0 seconds

C:\ant\bin>

##########################################################

it throws some error, but I have no idea where to start the troubleshooting

2. what do u mean by browse through the cue system? using gui? or cli?

from gui, I didnt find anywhere I can download the "extracted" war files.

under cli, I can use "ccn copy url", only if I know the directory and file name.

e.g.

ccn copy url "http://localhost/vbrowser/vxml/vxml.vxml" document generic test.vxml

do u happen to know that from cli, how do I list all files under localhost/vbrowser/vxml?

thanks

Yuke

Hi,

the Java version you are using seems a bit old to me (1.4.2) - can you try something like Java 1.6.20 or so?

Anyway, this might be a problem of Windows, it usually does not deal with loooooooong commands like this. Please check whether c:\webapp\webserver\lib\jasper.jar really exists.

RE files: I am not a CUE expert, sorry. Actually, you are at the wrong forum ;-) Anyway, I doubt the web server of CUE would allow you to browse the whole filesystem, let alone source JSP files and all. Are you absolutely sure there is no CLI command for listing files?

G.

Hi Gergely

from this Cisco doc, it asks to use 1.4.2

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel3_0/vxml/developer/guide/vxmljsp.html#wp1060138

I also tried 1.6. same thing happen.

you are right. May be I should try to make it under Linux.

no. havent found any cli for list file. usually on cme, "dir" or "show flash", but how about cue? no luck yet.

Yuke

Unfortunately, I don't have a CUE in our lab (they're kind of expensive).

Did you try to post this in the "Unified Communications Applications" space yet? The folks over there might have some better ideas.

G.

Hi Gergely

thanks for ur reply.

finally I got the compile part working after worked with one of our in-house software developer.

for the compile to work, need to install Java JDK. What I installed was Java JRE. :-(

and also need to move all compile files to c: drive in Windows, on D: drive, it failed. Why?

who knows? as long as the it works. dont want to bother with it.

still, there is no way to download the related WAR files from CUE, so far as I know.

Yuke

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: