Views
Helpful
Replies

How to pass parameters back from CVP to ICM

moath.almogbel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I created a VXML application that calls a WebService using "Web Service Element" in the call studio.

The problem is that I am not able to return the output of the web service to ICM using "FromExtVXML"

I was able to pass information from ICM to CVP successfully using "ToExtVXML" as below:

Call.user.microapp.ToExtVXML[0]="application=testvxml;testinput=5"

In the WebService Response tab, I cerated a session variable called 'Data.Session.testoutput' to store the web service result, then in the  CVP Subdialog Return, I set the value for 'External VXML 0' to be 'Data.Session.testoutput'.

In the VXML application Activity Log I found the following:

testvxml,07/12/2011 18:01:54.156,Web Service_01,element,warning,A substitution representing Session data named "testoutput" referred to non-existent information. An empty string was substituted instead.

testvxml,07/12/2011 18:01:54.156,CVP Subdialog Return_01,element,warning,A substitution representing Session data named "testoutput" referred to non-existent information. An empty string was substituted instead.

So what I am doing wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ryan Hilfers
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Moath,

Here's how I have implemented the webservice in the past:

Within the web service element I've had better success using element data and then referencing that element data in the FromExtArray in the SubDialogReturn element

For Ex.

Then in my SubDialogReturn I'll reference {Data.Element.IVRExperience.AftHlangList}.

You could try setting this up as element data instead but it honestly appears as though the webservice isn't returning anything in the response based on the fact that the application complains of non-existent data in the webserivce element, which of course carries through to the sub dialog return.  I would try loading the WSDL in a program such as SoapUI and submit the same request that your studio application does. This will let you view the same response that CVP would be consuming.

Hope that helps you

-Ryan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ryan Hilfers
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Moath,

Here's how I have implemented the webservice in the past:

Within the web service element I've had better success using element data and then referencing that element data in the FromExtArray in the SubDialogReturn element

For Ex.

Then in my SubDialogReturn I'll reference {Data.Element.IVRExperience.AftHlangList}.

You could try setting this up as element data instead but it honestly appears as though the webservice isn't returning anything in the response based on the fact that the application complains of non-existent data in the webserivce element, which of course carries through to the sub dialog return.  I would try loading the WSDL in a program such as SoapUI and submit the same request that your studio application does. This will let you view the same response that CVP would be consuming.

Hope that helps you

-Ryan

Thank you Ryam!

It worked fine