cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to set up xmpp client using c# to connect finesse sandbox ?

NicoNico88123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm sorry for this newbie question.
I'm new in this field and hardly find any guidance.
I already reserve sandbox and can connect normaly with pidgin and already try several api like change state and subscription.
But when i try to connect with my apps it always return 'LogError connecting to 10.10.20.100:5222'.
Inner exception : "SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond"
My code :
var client = new XmppClient
{
Username = "Agent002",
Password = "ciscopsdt",
XmppDomain = "hq-uccx.abc.inc",
HostnameResolver = new StaticNameResolver("abc.inc"),
Resource = "vNext",
CertificateValidator = new AlwaysAcceptCertificateValidator(),
};

client.XmppXElementStreamObserver.Where(el => el is Message).Subscribe(el =>
{
Console.WriteLine(el.ToString());
});
await client.ConnectAsync();

I'm using .net core enviroment and using Matrix vNext nuget library.
I can connect just fine with pidgin with the same credential.

Can someone help me ? thanks before

1 Reply 1

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I've never used MatriX before so I can't give specific code/details. I know there are a few folks on this community forum that have. I remember seeing someone paste some code on this forum before, but for some reason I can't find it right now.

One thing I noticed was that your error says LogError connecting to 10.10.20.100:5222. 10.10.20.100 is the IP of the domain controller and not hq-uccx.abc.inc. Also, when making the connection to the Finesse notification via Smack, you need to specify to allow Plain Text Authentication. I am not sure if that is an option with MatriX.

Thanx,

Denise