cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM 7.2 - Unable to parse datetime

wayne4472
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to set up an import rule in ICM 7.2 but it keeps failing on a datetime
field with an error message of 'Unable to parse datetime'.  I've
tried various SQL Server datetime formats '2011-01-28' and '2011-01-28
00:00:00'.  What format does the datetime field need to be in the CSV
import file?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jessicas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I believe you are hitting the following defect. Please see the workaround below:

CSCsg56088  Import Field Type of DateTime fails when imported

Summary:
Importing a csv file with the custom field type of DateTime fails with the following error: " Import data is too long for field and will be truncated" "Unable to parse datetime:0"

Condition:
ICM/UCCE with Outbound Option
Import file with custom datetime field.

Workaround:
Customer can use Varchar data type and field length of 10 to use yyyy/mm/dd format.
For compatibility with campaign query rules it may be necessary to use an SQL cast operator.

Further Problem Description:
Two formats are supported for datetime data types:  1)  MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS and 2) DD-MMM-YYYY HH:MM:SS where MMM are the first three letters of the month.  Both fail to import with the error "Import data is too long for field [DOB] and will be truncated" "Unable to parse datetime:0"

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jessicas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I believe you are hitting the following defect. Please see the workaround below:

CSCsg56088  Import Field Type of DateTime fails when imported

Summary:
Importing a csv file with the custom field type of DateTime fails with the following error: " Import data is too long for field and will be truncated" "Unable to parse datetime:0"

Condition:
ICM/UCCE with Outbound Option
Import file with custom datetime field.

Workaround:
Customer can use Varchar data type and field length of 10 to use yyyy/mm/dd format.
For compatibility with campaign query rules it may be necessary to use an SQL cast operator.

Further Problem Description:
Two formats are supported for datetime data types:  1)  MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS and 2) DD-MMM-YYYY HH:MM:SS where MMM are the first three letters of the month.  Both fail to import with the error "Import data is too long for field [DOB] and will be truncated" "Unable to parse datetime:0"

Thank you, that's what I was looking for.  I was able to get the date to store as a varchar but I wanted to store it as a date in SQL Server;  This format worked for me. (MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS)

Did you pull that information from an online source and if so would you provide the link?

You can use the bug toolkit on Cisco.com to view the details of the defect.