Helpful
Replies

icm dblookup question

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

I have an existing script which  Im trying to understand

Ive attached some  files

Db Lookup - What does this do - Lookup value 1- Does this tell ICM to use column  1 as the primary key  going forward

Set Properties- If the Primary key in table ServicePromptEnabled is blank then put the text "NULL"in call variable1 - is this correct?

If it is false what is put in Call variable1 - ? is it what ever the contents of primary key in table ServicePromptEnabled 

So it set the primary key to be column  1

Then is set properties based upon the contentsof column one - if blank put the word " NULL" in call variable 1 , if not blank put the contents of column one in variable 1- is this correct?

3 Replies 3

No, this tells it to look for a 1 in the DB like (select * from DB where column = 1).

Can't answer any of your other questions as you've provided no details around your DB or scripts.

david

David 

Thanks for your reply.  I go further 

Database table 

Column 1, column 2, column 3

1                  , wr, 

Node,  step 1

Dblookup tblxyz

Value 1

Node,  step 2 sets a variable to be put in call variable1

Value

Dblookup:tblxuz==wr

To me the script seems to say check the contents of row 1  - done by the step dbtbkexyz value 1 and look for text wr  in any column and put that in call variable 1

Is that correct? 

Going further 

If I  need for the script to look for a certain 'text'  in the database in  a certain column called something,  The text may be in column 2 or 3 as example

Column 1, column 2,column 3

1              , tr, hg

Then do I configure a  node such set variable

Value

dbybkexyz column 2==tr

So check dB xyz and look in column called 2 and if matches tr place it in a call variable 

If I wanted to look for hg in column ,  then it would be

value

dbtbkexyz,  column 3==hg? 

How would I look for contents in a table which has multiple rows? 

Thanks,  just learning scripting 

Can anyone advise, comment 

Thanks