cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Impact of setting Abandon Call Wait time and Answered Short CAll threshold

CDL
Level 1
Level 1

The Abandon Call Wait time and answered short call thresholds were set at installation.  We may be interested in changing them, but I have had a difficult time determining the impact and how the changes would be represented in the reporting.  Looking for someone who has put together the total picture from a data perspective - interval tables and detail tables.  (And yes, I have poured over the "Short Calls, Abandoned Calls, and Overflow Calls" Reporting Concepts document.)

• Can I look at either the TCD or RCD and determine which calls would be categorized as Short calls if the thresholds were to change? 
  • If the threshold is changed, will any call that is determined to be a short (either answered or abandoned) appear in the detail tables?  Or do those just get counted in the interval tables as Short?
  • Which calls get counted for the Abandon1 interval?  When I tried to scrutinize our data, the total short calls plus abandon1 interval calls equaled the total I found by looking on the detail tables but I couldn't differentiate.
  • What is the difference between a 'Short' call on an interval table and a call with a 'Short' disposition on the TCD?

Any insight into reconciling the data would be much appreciated.

0 Replies 0