Views
Helpful
Replies

intermediate issue while remote monitoring a call

ithelpdeskthane
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

We are facing issue in Agent\CSQ based  remote monitoring from the  hard phone. Even from supervisor Desktop we are not able barge the call for same agents.We are getting an error (Please refer attached screen shot).Post running the Post Install.exe & NICQ.exe utility It is working fine.

We are using UCCX 10.6 & CUCM 10.5.

Please Suggest.

Regards,

Vimal

1 Reply 1

Bill Mungaven
Level 1
Level 1

I ran into this when our desktops were upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7. Desktop monitoring stopped working on Windows 7 machines but worked on Windows XP machines. We were upgrading from CUCM 7.1.5 to 9 and from UCCE/ICM/IPIVR 7 to 9 at the same time as well. I worked with both Cisco and Calabrio TAC for hours on this and it came down to Windows 7 not supporting desktop-based monitoring on version 9 for whatever reason. We had to go to Call Manager-based monitoring which is what we're using today. 

Even when we were still using Windows XP, I would see that error message on some PCs and most of the time it was either a NIC incompatibility on the PC or the PC voice VLAN access parameter was disabled on the phone's base configuration.

There was an old Cisco document floating around that had compatible NICs for PCs using desktop-based silent monitoring but it hasn't been updated since 2007. See attached.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Bill