Views
Helpful
Replies

Intermittent Busy Tone while Dialing CTI Route Point

infosysipcc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have the CTI Route Point for our internal helpdesk. From few days we are getting the busy tone intermittently when we dial it. The issue started some days back. We are using the following:

CUCM 7.1(3)

ICM 7.5

IPIVR 7.0(1)

We have 2 IPIVR each with 25 Ports. So I am pretty much sure that we are not exceeding the capacity.

All the Route Points are registered on the CUCM.

PLease let me know how can I troubleshoot this.

Regards,

Rohit

4 Replies 4

infosysipcc
Level 1
Level 1

I have checked the Router Log and I am getting the following error:

"Translation route timeout for controller'

Please let me know how to solve the following problem.

Regards,

Rohit

I would say that the call goes to ICM, ICM returns the label (which is the IVR) and then something happens and the call doesn't reach IP IVR in a timely fashion. Or ICM is not aware of it.

In any case Rohit I would advice you to open a SR for this to get it analyzed

Regards,

Christos

You should definitely use the Translation Route Explorer to check that the trans routes are set up correctly.

Then, you should place a series of calls from an IP phone to the route point. Have no agents ready so the call queues - if you have to do this after hours you may have to change the script for the test so it does not play the AH msg.

When you call the route point, the IP phone will show the CTI port the trans route deflected it to. Make 25 calls and it should show the sequential selection of the port by the trans route mechanism (the "pool"). If you hit a couple that don't work, it will help you figure out the issue.

You should use the ICM script to test each IP IVR - or shut them down in turn.

Regards,

Geoff

hi Geoff,

Thanks alot for the suggestion, I tried this and found some port is stuck so restarted the CCX engine and everything works fine now.