Views
Helpful
Replies

IP IVR 8.0 Custom Java Question

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

Hey guys,

I am upgrading a IP IVR 7.x to 8.x and wrote a good load of custom java...

I have a configuration file on the old UCCX 7.x machines in a directory, I am assuming that I can only uploading something like this to my documents on the new IP IVR....

How in the heck can I read something from the documents folder in my java?

configFile.load(new FileInputStream("C:\\SalesForceIVR\\sforce.properties"));

I need to figure out how this would look on a linux OS? 

Chad

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Graham Old
Level 7
Level 7

You don't have access to the file system on UXXC 8 and later. There is a special area that you can read/write files to but it is not preserved across reboots.

The early versions of UCCX 8 are very restricted on what Java functions you can use. I tried to access SFDC using their WSDL complied up into a jar and it kept getting Java security violations. So make sure you use the latest SR or even UCCX 8.5 SR1.

If you just have configuration information then upload a document to the repositry. This automaticaly copies it to the other system if you have HA and it gets included in the backups.

But I fear you have a lot of work ahead. Better buy some new scissors for all that hair

Graham

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Tanner Ezell
Level 4
Level 4

Rewrite the code to input a string and load the document into a variable

passing that to the custom class.

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 2:29 PM, chadstachowicz <

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

I certainly thought of this, but this means I have to rewrite about 50 scripts.  It turns a weekend of work into a week of work.

Def gonna need something direct or this just turned hairy

Chad

Graham Old
Level 7
Level 7

You don't have access to the file system on UXXC 8 and later. There is a special area that you can read/write files to but it is not preserved across reboots.

The early versions of UCCX 8 are very restricted on what Java functions you can use. I tried to access SFDC using their WSDL complied up into a jar and it kept getting Java security violations. So make sure you use the latest SR or even UCCX 8.5 SR1.

If you just have configuration information then upload a document to the repositry. This automaticaly copies it to the other system if you have HA and it gets included in the backups.

But I fear you have a lot of work ahead. Better buy some new scissors for all that hair

Graham

Graham thanks for the insight, now that I know that place isn't preserved accross reboots I guess thats the end of the discussion...

Going to have to recode my salesforce integration.... and fix about 35 scripts... miserable :<

Chad

Can you tell me have you confirmed all the salesforce.com stuff works on 8.0(2)SU3?  This is exactly what im doing.

Chad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: