Views
Helpful
Replies

IP IVR 8.0 Custom Java Question

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

Hey guys,

I am upgrading a IP IVR 7.x to 8.x and wrote a good load of custom java...

I have a configuration file on the old UCCX 7.x machines in a directory, I am assuming that I can only uploading something like this to my documents on the new IP IVR....

How in the heck can I read something from the documents folder in my java?

configFile.load(new FileInputStream("C:\\SalesForceIVR\\sforce.properties"));

I need to figure out how this would look on a linux OS? 

Chad

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Graham Old
Level 7
Level 7

You don't have access to the file system on UXXC 8 and later. There is a special area that you can read/write files to but it is not preserved across reboots.

The early versions of UCCX 8 are very restricted on what Java functions you can use. I tried to access SFDC using their WSDL complied up into a jar and it kept getting Java security violations. So make sure you use the latest SR or even UCCX 8.5 SR1.

If you just have configuration information then upload a document to the repositry. This automaticaly copies it to the other system if you have HA and it gets included in the backups.

But I fear you have a lot of work ahead. Better buy some new scissors for all that hair

Graham

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Tanner Ezell
Level 4
Level 4

Rewrite the code to input a string and load the document into a variable

passing that to the custom class.

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 2:29 PM, chadstachowicz <

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

I certainly thought of this, but this means I have to rewrite about 50 scripts.  It turns a weekend of work into a week of work.

Def gonna need something direct or this just turned hairy

Chad

Graham Old
Level 7
Level 7

You don't have access to the file system on UXXC 8 and later. There is a special area that you can read/write files to but it is not preserved across reboots.

The early versions of UCCX 8 are very restricted on what Java functions you can use. I tried to access SFDC using their WSDL complied up into a jar and it kept getting Java security violations. So make sure you use the latest SR or even UCCX 8.5 SR1.

If you just have configuration information then upload a document to the repositry. This automaticaly copies it to the other system if you have HA and it gets included in the backups.

But I fear you have a lot of work ahead. Better buy some new scissors for all that hair

Graham

Graham thanks for the insight, now that I know that place isn't preserved accross reboots I guess thats the end of the discussion...

Going to have to recode my salesforce integration.... and fix about 35 scripts... miserable :<

Chad

Can you tell me have you confirmed all the salesforce.com stuff works on 8.0(2)SU3?  This is exactly what im doing.

Chad