cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone Agent forced login

vinnypie
Level 1
Level 1

I am using CAD 8.0 (2) UCCX and have the following question.

One of my customers is logged in as a CAD agent. As a failover (in the event CAD goes down), they try to log into the IPPA. The get a notification on their phone "Name logged into another ext. Press '1' to log other agent out". However, when "1" is pressed, the agent is not logged out of CAD and the notification repeats.

I am not sure if this is the way the system is designed or not. Can an IPPA force a log out of an agent logged in CAD?

I've been trying to find out through documentation, but have not found anything. I've checked the logs and see where the agent gets the notification.

If anyone has run into this issue or knows where I can check further for information, any and all assistance would be appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How would CAD go down?  Do you mean if the PC crashed?

If the CAD service goes down, then you will not be able to log into IPPA either.

IPPA should, just like other CAD services, be able to force log out a user.

What happens if you do it the other way around?  log into IPPA first, then log into CAD and force logout.

Thank you for your reply.

For clarification, the agent logs into CAD. As a backup measure (in case CAD should go down for some reason), they log into IPPA and get the notification that the agent is already logged in and to press '1' to logout the other agent. When '1' is pressed, they get the notification again (and again...) and the CAD agent is still not logged out.

If they try it in reverse, the process works correctly.