cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone Agent setup for UCCX 7.0

seppley
Level 1
Level 1

We are running CUCM 7.1.3 and UCCX 7.0(1) Build 168. I am setting up the IP Phone Agent for my users. I have setup the service and assigned it to some phones. When I go to the services and try to use the new service for IP Phone Agent I get an HTTP error [404]!. Has anyone had this problem? If you have will you let me know where I have gone wrong.

3 Replies 3

jclivingston
Level 1
Level 1

Have you created a device profile and subscribed Extension Mobility to the it and the device as well?  What happens when you press Services on any of your other phones?  Also, (have to ask) have you factory reset the phone so it downloads it's config?

I get the same things on all phones. I didn't realize i had to set up a profile. How do I factory reset the phone? None of the instructions I read said I needed to set up Extension Mobility. Can you tell me where I can find the instructions.

Hi seppley,

EM is not a requirement for IPPA. I believe they were having you test another URL on the phone to help isolate the issue. To reset the phone you can press the services button or settings button then press the following buttons in this order **#** (star, star, pound, star, star).

What is the URL that you configured for IPPA? It should look like the following:

One button login

http://:6293/ipphone/jsp/sciphonexml/IPAgentLogin.jsp

Manual login

http://:6293/ipphone/jsp/sciphonexml/IPAgentInitial.jsp

You also might try setting the Phone URL Parameters in CUCM to use IP addresses instead of hostnames. Open CUCM > System > Enterprise Parameters > Phone URL Parameters. I have attached a screenshot from my call manager for your reference.

See if these help.

Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: