Helpful
Replies

IPCC, applying skills to a CSQ

omendieta77
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

here is my question.

Once I've configured the CSQ and the skills, and the resources(agents) are configured, using the CRA Editor, what should I do in order to find the Resource with the apropiate skill.

What should I do in the script??

Thanks in advance for your help.

Orlando.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

The Select Resource step offers a call to a Contact Service Queue (CSQ), which contains an associated set of agents who are capable of handling a certain type of call. The incoming call will be handled by one of the available agents in the CSQ.

Consider your example.

There are six agents Agent1...Agent6, 3 skills HelpDesk, SpE and Management.

There are 3 CSQs - CSQ1 to CSQ3

Agent1 and Agent2 has skill HelpDesk(6)

Agent3&Agent4 has skill HelpDesk(5) & SpE (6)

Agent5&Agent6 has skill=HelpDesk(4) & SpE (5) & Management (6)

The resources under CSQ1 are

Agent1

Agent2

Agent3

Agent4

Agent5

Agent6

Assume that the "selection criteria" for CSQ1 is "Most Skilled".

Consider the following script

--->Start

--->other steps

--->Select Resource(CSQ1)

------>Connected

------>Queued

When the "Select Resource" step is executed, system checks for available resource in CSQ, CSQ1. As the selection criteria of CSQ1 is "Most Skilled", system checks if the highest skill agents are available. In our case it is Agent1 and Agent2 with highest skill HelpDesk(6). Since there is a tie, system checks for longest available agent. If Agent1 and Agent2 are unavailable, then system checks for next skilled resource (Agent3 and Agent4) etc.

Refer the Application Developer guide to use "Select Resource" step.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_3_0/english/admn_app/develop/ipicd.htm#1042798

You can also refer the default script icd.aef that uses "Select Resource" step.

Editor step reference guide might also be useful

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_3_5/english/admn_app/step.pdf - Pg.No:13-8.

Regards

Yogi

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

yogeswar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

If you have configured Skill based routing CSQ in appadmin icd configuration, then "Select Resource" step takes care of choosing the available resource.

In 3.1 there are new Agent Selection criteria. Most Skilled and Least Skilled. This allows for an eligible agent with a higher (or lower) competency level to be selected first.

Here is some info from documentation.

From CCO:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_3_1/english/admn_app/cra_adm/prov_icd.htm#1030484

-Most Skilled-Used for expert agent call distribution. Selects the agent with the highest total competency level and who has been available for the longest amount of time. The total competency level is determined by adding the agent's competency levels for each of their assigned skills that are also assigned to the CSQ.

Example 1:

Agent1 has Skill1(5) and Skill2(6) and Skill3(7)

Agent2 has Skill1(4) and Skill2(6) and Skill3(7)

CSQ1 has Skill1(min=1) and Skill3(min=1) and selection criteria "Most Skilled"

For CSQ1, the total competency level for Agent1 is 12(NOT 18) and Agent2 is 11(NOT 17).

In the above case Agent1 will always be selected. Only if Agent1 is busy/logged out Agent2 will be selected.

If you need to choose agents in specific skills, then configure different CSQ for each skill.

Example 2:

Agent1 has Skill1(5) and Skill2(6) and Skill3(7)

Agent2 has Skill1(4) and Skill2(6) and Skill3(7)

Modify the example 1 with following Skill based CSQs

CSQ1 has Skill1(min=1)

CSQ2 has Skill2(min=2)

CSQ3 has Skill3(min=1)

Both Agent1 and Agent2 belongs to all the three CSQs. If the "Selection Criteria" is most skilled for CSQ1, Agent1 gets selected always. If Agent1 is not available Agent2 gets selected.

Regards

Yogi

Hi Yogi,

Thanks for your support and sorry for contacting you by email.

One thing related to the conversation of the forum, related to the skills and IPCC,

Once I’ve configured the skills, and the CSQs, the part that I’m not understanding is how does the system will know which type of skill to search, and select.

For example what I want is to configure 10 agents, 3 skills and maybe 2 CSQs.

The solution that we want to create is basic, and based on skills for a small helpdesk.

We’ve created one skill called HelpDesk, that is the first one, then SpE(service for enterprise) that is the second and it can handle calls from Helpdeks just if all the agents of helpdesk are busy, and the 3rd group called Management, that will support just if the previous groups are busy.

I’ve configured like this:

Agent1&Agent2……..skill=HelpDesk(6)

Agent3&Agent4…….skill=HelpDesk(5) & SpE (6)

Agent5&Agent6…….skill=HelpDesk(4) & SpE (5) & Management (6)

CSQ1=Helpdesk(4)

CSQ2=SpE(5)

CSQ3=Management(5)

Once the phone call comes in, should I prompt a menu, in order to make a selection of the appropriate resource??

What should I do with the Select Resource step???

Should I do a validation in every queque to look for if there is an agent available, and then check for the others??

Thanks in advance for your help,

Orlando

Hi

The Select Resource step offers a call to a Contact Service Queue (CSQ), which contains an associated set of agents who are capable of handling a certain type of call. The incoming call will be handled by one of the available agents in the CSQ.

Consider your example.

There are six agents Agent1...Agent6, 3 skills HelpDesk, SpE and Management.

There are 3 CSQs - CSQ1 to CSQ3

Agent1 and Agent2 has skill HelpDesk(6)

Agent3&Agent4 has skill HelpDesk(5) & SpE (6)

Agent5&Agent6 has skill=HelpDesk(4) & SpE (5) & Management (6)

The resources under CSQ1 are

Agent1

Agent2

Agent3

Agent4

Agent5

Agent6

Assume that the "selection criteria" for CSQ1 is "Most Skilled".

Consider the following script

--->Start

--->other steps

--->Select Resource(CSQ1)

------>Connected

------>Queued

When the "Select Resource" step is executed, system checks for available resource in CSQ, CSQ1. As the selection criteria of CSQ1 is "Most Skilled", system checks if the highest skill agents are available. In our case it is Agent1 and Agent2 with highest skill HelpDesk(6). Since there is a tie, system checks for longest available agent. If Agent1 and Agent2 are unavailable, then system checks for next skilled resource (Agent3 and Agent4) etc.

Refer the Application Developer guide to use "Select Resource" step.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_3_0/english/admn_app/develop/ipicd.htm#1042798

You can also refer the default script icd.aef that uses "Select Resource" step.

Editor step reference guide might also be useful

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_3_5/english/admn_app/step.pdf - Pg.No:13-8.

Regards

Yogi

HI Yogi,

thanks a lot, it's working properly.

Now, in one part of my script, I have a menu where the caller enters the ticket number of his case.

I lookup into the DB, for the extension of the agent who is handling that case. What I want is to reach that agent. I've used Call Redirect step, but it only transfer the call, the agent will not see any pop-up screen related to the case. How can I send some info?? and not just redirect the call.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Current version of IPCC express does not pop-up any call related information on agent desktop when transferred directly to the agent using "Call Redirect" step.

Workaround:

Create CSQ for each of the agent and connect the call to the specific agent CSQ using "Select Resource" step.

Note: Total number of CSQs is limited and depends on the hardware type. As per the latest CRS 3.5 release, total number of CSQ is 75 in 7845 server and 25 in non MCS 7845 server.

Rate the post if your query is addressed.

Regards

Yogi

Thanks Yogi,

I think that with this workaround I will be able to get ready my script.

Thanks a lot 4 your help, I really appreciate it.

Have a wonderful day.

Orlando