cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC automated call reminder and announcement system

rudyb2000
Level 1
Level 1

Can IPCC be configured as an automated call reminder and announcement system? We need IPCC to be able to access a database and call certain numbers within the database to send reminders and announcements. We also need the system to track unsuccessful calls and to be able to reattempt those calls that were unsuccessful. Can this be accomplished? And if so, is there any documentation or sample scripts that I can find?

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

I do not think the automated call reminder is available in IPCC.

jwarnerGB
Level 1
Level 1

What type of reminders? It seems that you could have a script that would read your database and make the outbound call and if the call was unsuccessful write back a variable in your database. If the call is successful delete that entry from the database and move on to the next call. This is similar to a call back script that is covered in the UCCXA training.

joluc_denmark
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, you can set up your UCCX for this purpose.

I am not aware of any sample scripts that you can use, but the scripting itself is fairly straightforward. You need an external mechanism to handle scheduling and the triggering of an http trigger to make the call. Possibly an NT service if you need it running constantly. (Firedaemon or similar.)

regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: