cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Ent 6 - H.323 3rd party IVR transfers

dwolgast-i
Level 1
Level 1

I have an IPCC Enterprise 6.0 installation with CCM 4.1(3). We use MGCP 3845 PSTN gateways with multiple PRIs terminated on them. Agents use Cisco IP Phones.

We are in the process of planning the roll-out of a 3rd party IVR, identified to CallManager as an H.323 gateway, and using ICM Service Control to manage the IVR.

The issue is with transfers. We are given only two choices for transfers using H.323: H.450, and by bridging using an MTP. Of course, CCM doesn't support H.450 directly and bridging keeps one or more IVR ports busy for the length of the call.

As far as I know, there hasn't been any JTAPI CTI interface written for this vendor's product, so if that were the best option, something custom would have to be written.

So, with the information given, what is the best/cheapest way to transfer calls out of this new IVR?

Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

1 Reply 1

sadbulali
Level 4
Level 4

Change the codec for the endpoint to a G.711 codec, if possible.

This URL should help you:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/prod_troubleshooting_guide_chapter09186a0080193f35.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: