cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Express (CRA 3.52) and CallManager 4.12

mwadam
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed CRA 3.52 Standard along with sr1 on a functioning CallManager 4.12 server in my lab. I have a few issues. When the server reboots, the CallManager service will not start and event viewer says it is a logon failure. Yet I can start the service manually and it works fine. Sometimes the CRA service will not start on a reboot also. Again I can start it manually and it will work fine. My biggest problem is that now I cannot get into CallManager Administration or BARS. CallManager is up and running as the phones are working, and DC Directory authentication is working for CRA. There is a windows hotfix for CRA 3.51 that addresses this exact issue, but it will not apply to CRA 3.52. I don't know if I am having these problems because of the CCM 4.12 code not being production or if there is a fix. Has anyone ran into these issues? Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

Adam

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

You can try to disable MLA to get in to the system. Changing Enable MLA to F should allow you to get in.

That's a good idea, but since I cannot get into CCM how do you disable MLA?

Thanks!!

Adam

I think you can disable MLA in Enterprise Manager(SQL).

The problem turned out to be the same bug that affected CCM 4.02. Since the patch would not run on CCM 4.12 TAC directed me to make the changes manually. Here is what they had me do.

Workaround

Edit the registry to reduce the required memory per service.

HKLM/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/Session Manager/SubSystems/Windows

This is usually a long string, where one value is

SharedSection=1024,3072,512 .

The third value in this is the heap size in KB (i.e 512KB) allocated per

non-interactive service.

The heap size can be decrease to allow more services to run.

The recomended changes is to reduce the 512KB value to 256KB. (i.e

SharedSection=1024,3072,256