cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Express Current Hour Stats

mknepper
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client that is looking to generate the number of calls during the current hour (refreshed every 10 seconds or so) and display this in a web page to the agents. This has currently been accomplished using a SQL query from an ASP page that each agent brings up -- however this is way to processor intensive. Any thoughts on this? I have gone down many rabbit holes but keep reaching dead ends.

My current plan is to used a CRA script to read in an XML file with the info in it and present it as a JSP to the agents (each agent would run the script, but at least we wouldn't be hitting the SQL Server times number of agents times every 10 seconds!).

In this scenario how do I create the XML file for the CRA script to read to present to the agents? Another CRA script? SQL Server trigger?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

3 Replies 3

luchau
Level 1
Level 1

You could have another CRA script collect the data and publish it to an xml file or something. Then each agent will get the data from the file.

I have used a trigger before. It will also work.

rgds

Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried a second CRA script, but have been unable to produce an XML file that another script could read. Any thoughts on writing the file to disk from CRA?

I also tried the trigger, but when I did SQL would stop updating the db_cra_ccdr table -- very strange! My test system could be messed up, so I may have to rebuild it.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark,

you can use the simple Text Substitution for Keywords step to change the values directly in your jsp file. I think thats what you should go for in this case.

Alternatively you can use the same step to update an xml file with your data, but then your jsp/java has to parse the file. Use the first suggestion - it will save a step.

rgds