cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC EXPRESS MUSIC ON HOLD

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

At the moment ive got the default music on hold playing while the customer is in queue.

the customer would like to place thier own ads to replace the music. what i wanted to know is if there are any special considerations for this.

6 Replies 6

All you need to do is record them as .wav files in 8 bit Mono CCITT ulaw format. Also, they should be in the same codec as the IPCC Express - G711 or G729.

Then, drop the .wav files on your IPCC Express box in the prompts folder under user\en_us and reference it in the script

awatkins
Level 1
Level 1

get your messages made up as normal wav files and create a MOH stream on CCM with this wav file.

you can then just set this as the MOH source for net/user MOH source for the CTI ports in the JTAPI page on IPCC.

Hope this makes sense.

You got 2 correct replies above. To summarize you have 2 options:

1. Apply new MOH to the cti ports used by IPCC, this way whenever call goes to queue it uses MOH file assigned to cti ports, assuming your script uses "Hold" and "Unhold" steps in Queue node

2. Use Play Prompt step in the script instead of "Hold" and reference the .wav file placed in user\en_us folder on IPCC Server

Most liekly your script is using the Hold step so solution 1 might be easiest. I like solution #2 because it gives you greater flexibility of playing different MOH by different scripts and reusing the same expensive CTI ports.

Chris

ok,

understand the options. im am using the call hold and unhold to acheive the ccm MOH. basically, i remove the hold, apply with my custom prompt and thats it?. leave the unhold as it is?. not too clear on the first option. can i use three wav files in combination to continuously play the adverts in CCM?.

also, if im using the play prompt to replace hold, would i need to create a container to do random prompts...since its three files?.

thanks for all the information so far

Remove the Hold and Unhold steps, add Play Prompt step where you can use "prompt1 + promt2 + promt3" where the prompt1.. are defined as prompt variables pointing to the .wav files. Take a look at the sample script.

HTH,

Chris

hey,

just an update, adjusted the script and this worked fine. the olny issue is that the wav file, which was in the correct format is playing soft. the orignial is fine, but when i drop it into the MOH to convert to 711ulaw, it automatically gets softer.

i had issues with this before when i was initially customizing the ipcc. what i had to do was let the speaker for the prompts speak directly into the phone, then take that file and use it for the IPCC. since this is adverts, i cant do that, but, my plan is, go into a quiet environ, use the same wav, and rerecord using the phone. ill try it today and see how it goes, hopefully, i wont have any background noise to contend with. if i do, ill use a wav file editor to remove that.