cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Failover issue

rohanpatel
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 IPCC 7.x server configured for failover. The issue is when I am logged into my agent and my primary server failsover to backup server, my agent looses connection/goes offline and reconnects in not ready after 15 seconds. The same applies if I failback from my secondary to primary server.

Is this a normal behaviour ? Is there a document on cisco that describes the same issue. Please let me know.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not sure with IPCC Enterprise, but IPCC Express (or UCCX nowadays) the behavior you are reporting is expected.  From the design guide:

Automatic Failover. Upon failure of the active Cisco Unified CCX server, CAD will automatically re-login agents on the standby server, and the agent will be placed into a Not Ready state. Upon failure of the active Cisco Unified CCX server, active calls on agents phones will survive. However, the call duration and other information that is associated with the call in the historical reporting database may be affected. Historical reports generated for time periods in which a failover occurred will have missing or incorrect data. It will be called out in the report that a failover occurred.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/design/guide/uccx70srnd.pdf  (page 25 of the pdf)

It should also be noted that with UCCX, failback to the primary node (when it comes back on line) isn't automatic.  Mainly because the failback will exhibit the same behavior (along with an approximate 5 second hit on ACD/IVR functionality).  So, the failback should be manual - in my experience anyway.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

wjbell-ncn wrote:

Not sure with IPCC Enterprise ....

IPCC Enterprise is a true fault-tolerant architecture and handles failover seamlessly (almost always - but not completely). That's why it costs a lot more to implement.

Regards,

Geoff