cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC X 4.0 Remote Monitoring

johutchins
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to get remote monitoring going on a Premium System... When I goto System, RmCm, Remote Monitoring, no users show up.

I am a Admin and a Supervisor.

Any thoughts?

--Jon

5 Replies 5

johutchins
Level 1
Level 1

I answered my own question... the user ID needs to be numerical.

--Jon

Is this really the case? I am running IPCCx Premium 4.0.2 and having the same problem. If numerical requirement is true, CISCO needs to CHANGE this ASAP! That's whacked (and a few other choice words) to allow only numerical.

Well, think about it for a second. Remote Monitoring is a feature to be used by someone calling in from a phone (and not just IP Phones, ANY phone).

How would you enter a alphanumeric user id?

There are several things wrong with this scenario. I may be confusing the issue, but here are my points

1) Probably most installations of call manager use usernames for user id's. Thats the whole idea of DC directory. store a username and map to a DN. How can these isntallations redo their namespace so that people are now using a numerical username?

2) Everything else in IPCC works well by specify users with usernames: resources, skills, resource groups, supervisors, etc. Why change the format and requirement now.

From my prespective, it just doesn't make sense. I am a little new to this and setup monitoring under IPCC 3.0, which was also a "little" odd. Maybe I am missing something under this new scheme???

I am afraid that this is still the case with IPCC 5.0.

I agree it is pretty poor that the user ID needs to be numerical. Surely the system could be designed such that a supervisor can enter his directory number as the ID rather than his username.

Anyway my thanks to the original poster who solved the issue of why I could not see my supervisors under the remote monitoring link.