cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCCE 7.2(x) Database changes not accepted.

Ingo de Jager
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

If there are still skills around with IPCCE 7.2(x) I would appreciate a few pointers. We have an old IPCCE 7.2(x) installation and after a virus outbreak we saw that DB changes made using the AWA web interface is not propagated througout the system. If I add a new Agent using the AW GUI interface, the Agent is created and is displayed on the AW GUI frontend web page. If I now use the Admin Tool to check the actual Agent then it doesn't exist. The result of this is that no changes can be made to the current system.

Are there any log files that can show why DB changes via the AW GUI interface does not propagate to all the DB's in the system?

Regards,

Ingo

4 Replies 4

Birendra Hansda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

In the AW where you don't see the DB changes , from the administrative tool launch and execute "Initialize Local Databse ".

This should resolve the issue.

Regards

Birendra

Hi,

I've checked the Event log and saw the uaw process restarting when making changes and this led me to the CSCtj51228 bug that I think I am hitting now. I see the recovery keys are out of sync between Memory, the Local DB and the Router AWControl. The first two are the same but the last one is different.

Does your suggestion have any impact on the Production system? Would there be an interruption of service if I 'Initialise Database' as suggested? Would that be a fix for the above defect?

Ingo

It's not gong to affect Routing, but choose a quiet time after the contact center closes.

• Stop the Distributor
  • Delete all the old .ems files and other rubbish like old .mdmp minidumps
  • Start the Distributor again
  • Run Initialize Local Database
  • Stop Apache Tomcat
  • Stop the world wide web service
  • delete all the log files from \icm\tomcat\logs
  • restart W3SVC
  • restart Apache Tomcat

Now you should be able to easily see if your problems still exist. Not only at the AW level but if the Reskilling UI is having problems.

It's been a while since I worked on a 7.2 system, so I hope I have the Tomat bits correct.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff, I will give it a try as soon as I get a maintenance slot.

Ingo