cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is the RouterCallKey seed value configurable?

Ivo Ivanov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is it possible to override the RCK seed value (the initial value when RCKD increments)?

For a short period, while migrating traffic from older UCCE1 to new UCCE2, two separate UCCE instances will handle calls. During that migration period reporting system(s) that pull TCDs from the two UCCE instances (not designed to handle multiple instances) will get TCDs with duplicate RCKD+RCK. After the migration is done the reporting system(s) will be back to using single TCD source (UCCE2) so looking for possible quick solution at the source. 

Do we have any control over the router logic generating RouterCallKeyDay and RouterCallKey? Assigning separate, non-overlapping ranges to the two UCCE instances would solve the problem. For example: if UCCE1 assigns RouterCallKey values starting at 1 and UCCE2 starting at 1,000,000+ each instances will be able to handle up to 1,000,000 calls per day without overlapping RCKD+RCK. Changing the RouterCallKeyDay will work too...

Thanks,

Ivo

1 Reply 1

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

The simple answer is "no". Router Call Key Day is calculated as the number of days since Jan 1, 1995. It increments at midnight central controller time. Router Call Key starts again each day - in my experience it seems to start at 200, at least it seems to in my lab system. But I don't know the rule on that.

Regards,

Geoff