Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with publishing events to client.

brijraj.prasad1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We have a custom agent desktop (Web application ) developed in ASP.Net (C#) and finesse Rest API (UCCE -11). We are dumping some Call information in local database based on events received. Its working fine in case of almost 85% calls.I am also getting events on application server but its not published to client. Issue increases with larger call volume. Application is integrated with CRM and is accessed within an IFrame in it . Does anyone have some idea about possible reasons? Any help or reference will be highly appreciate. Thanks.

3 Replies 3

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Brij,

When you say "We are dumping some Call information in local database based on events received.", how are you connected to the Finesse notification service? Is it one connection per user?

Then when you say "I am also getting events on application server but its not published to client.", how about this one?

Finesse only supports one connection to the Finesse notification service per user, so if you are using the same user to make more than one connection, then you will get lost events.

If you are indeed only making one connection, I would take a look at the Finesse webservices logs and make sure that Finesse is actually publishing these events. If so, I would get a wireshark capture and see where these events are getting lost.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

"We are dumping some Call information in local database based on events received.", how are you connected to the Finesse notification service? Is it one connection per user?" - Yes its per user connection. Dumping Call information is separate module and its does not depend on finesse notifications.

Then when you say "I am also getting events on application server but its not published to client.", how about this one?--

Cisco Finesse notification service is notifying any all messages. We are broadcast these messages(event data) to every clients using SignalR. Before broadcasting these message to client we are checking if agentObject is not null.

I am very new to this area. What can be the possible reasons where can be null ?.

Hi,

Sorry, I still don't fully understand the architect of your web application. Is the web application the one connecting to the Finesse notification service, one connection per agent? Or is there some sort of backend server that is connecting to the notification service which sends the messages to the client? Also, where are you losing the events? The client? The local database?

I would recommend you use wireshark and trace the event to see where it is being lost.

Thanx,

Denise