cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues with UCCE and Finesse Lab Connectivity New CUCM Configuration

Nikku
Level 1
Level 1

I configured a new CUCM, but after setting it up, my UCCE and Finesse lab stopped working.
Please suggest some issue resolving steps, so that I move forward to my work. 

6 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Nikku , you're going to have to provide a lot more information than that for people to be able to offer suggestions. For instance, what version of the systems are you on, what did you do, what error messages are you seeing, etc.

View solution in original post

If you try and access something like CCEAdmin which has nothing to do with UCM, does it work? That would at least tell you that you have something else going on.

No, there's no tie to UCM being up and you getting say the login page for Finesse or CUIC or the login page for CCEAdmin.
What error do you get when you try to go to those sites? And you say if you're (for instance) on the HDS via Remote Desktop and you go to it locally you can log in, but if you do it from a non-UCCE server, you get the problem?

What about the other sites like CCEAdmin or CUIC reporting page, same scenario, you get site can't be reached? Can you ping them from your desktop for instance? Have you tried multiple browsers? Do you see any type of error alert like re: certificates for instance? Just for a test, can you try as http and then https?

Right, so like if you are connected to the HDS, you can access CCEAdmin locally, but not from your desktop.
Can you access Finesse and CUIC from the HDS?
In other words, is it something completely blocked from the outside, and only devices within your internal network can talk to each other? If so, are you sure you don't have some type of internal networking/firewall issue?

@Nikku , were you able to get your network access issue mentioned previously resolved, if so what was the fix so that others can benefit?
You might do better having the unable to add Finesse to UCCE post in it's own thread since it is a different topic, more people may see it/offer you suggestions.

14 Replies 14

Hi @Nikku , you're going to have to provide a lot more information than that for people to be able to offer suggestions. For instance, what version of the systems are you on, what did you do, what error messages are you seeing, etc.

Nikku
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CUCM 11.5 version which is also my main server. A few days ago, it crashed, so I deployed a new one with the same IP. After the deployment, my UCCE 12.5 and Finesse 12.5 lab are inaccessible in my browser. However, when I checked, all the services of UCCE are working properly.

Nikku_0-1720010572935.png

If you try and access something like CCEAdmin which has nothing to do with UCM, does it work? That would at least tell you that you have something else going on.

Nikku
Level 1
Level 1

Before the crash, my entire lab was working fine. However, after the crash, my CUCM services are working well and I can open my browser. But my UCCE lab is only accessible internally. When I log in to the UCCE server and open the URL in the browser, it works. However, when I try to open it in my system's browser, I get an access error. Could there be any service that needs to be activated through CUCM?

No, there's no tie to UCM being up and you getting say the login page for Finesse or CUIC or the login page for CCEAdmin.
What error do you get when you try to go to those sites? And you say if you're (for instance) on the HDS via Remote Desktop and you go to it locally you can log in, but if you do it from a non-UCCE server, you get the problem?

Nikku
Level 1
Level 1

When I enter my URL in the browser, I see the message "This site can’t be reached

Nikku
Level 1
Level 1

finesse url 

What about the other sites like CCEAdmin or CUIC reporting page, same scenario, you get site can't be reached? Can you ping them from your desktop for instance? Have you tried multiple browsers? Do you see any type of error alert like re: certificates for instance? Just for a test, can you try as http and then https?

Nikku
Level 1
Level 1

I have confirmed that my CCEAdmin is working on my UCCE server, all services are running, and when I ping from my desktop, both IPs are responsive. However, when I attempt to access the URL in the multiple browser, it is not working.

Right, so like if you are connected to the HDS, you can access CCEAdmin locally, but not from your desktop.
Can you access Finesse and CUIC from the HDS?
In other words, is it something completely blocked from the outside, and only devices within your internal network can talk to each other? If so, are you sure you don't have some type of internal networking/firewall issue?

Nikku
Level 1
Level 1

Nikku_0-1720156526440.png

Nikku
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently encountering an issue while trying to add our Cisco Finesse server into the Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE) Administration (cceadmin) interface. Specifically, I am unable to find "Finesse" listed as a selectable peripheral type when adding a new device. Here are the details of the situation: UCCE Server: [Insert UCCE Server Details] Finesse Server: [Insert Finesse Server Details] Steps I have taken: 1. Logged into cceadmin with administrative credentials. 2. Navigated to Peripheral Gateway Configuration. 3. Attempted to add a new peripheral device, but "Finesse" is not available as a peripheral type. Could you please provide guidance on how to proceed? Should I select a different peripheral type, or is there a specific configuration step I may be missing? I also tried using traceroute: For FINESSE Server: - Command: admin:utils network traceroute 10.0.1.74 - Results: traceroute to 10.0.1.74 (10.0.1.74), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets 1 ucce125.lab.novelvox.com (10.0.1.74) 0.148 ms * *

For UCCE Server: - Command: tracert 10.0.1.73 - Results: Tracing route to finesse-125.lab.novelvox.com [10.0.1.73] over a maximum of 30 hops: 1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms finesse-125.lab.novelvox.com [10.0.1.73] Trace complete.

@Nikku , were you able to get your network access issue mentioned previously resolved, if so what was the fix so that others can benefit?
You might do better having the unable to add Finesse to UCCE post in it's own thread since it is a different topic, more people may see it/offer you suggestions.

Nikku
Level 1
Level 1

Is it necessary to purchase the Finesse license for the lab?