Views
Helpful
Replies

Key store access fails in cisco CVP 12.6 server

Tibin Thomas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

Key store access through cmd fails with error "keytool error: java.io.IOException: Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect"

trying to access the keystore for list out the available certificate details by using below command and password is using from security.properties file in cvp config folder. 

%CVP_HOME%\jre\bin\keytool.exe -storetype JCEKS -keystore %CVP_HOME%\conf\security\.keystore -list

We are facing issue with only one CVP server and any one experienced similar issue? and your suggestions are highly appreciated.

Best Regards

Tibin

7 Replies 7

Muhammed Ashiq
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Did you get any updates regarding this ?

Thanks,

Ashiq

ritdesai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Tibin Thomas : 

++ which cvp version?
++ Have you copied the correct password from cvp securities.properties file and entering it?
++ Any modifications to .keystore file?
++ Do you have any VM snapshots?

If there is no backup's, you need to rebuild the server as there are different symptoms and malfunctioning. 

thanks and regards,
Ritesh Desai
Please mark useful if it helps you. Mark answered if it is answered.

Dear Rithesh,

In my case, we were trying to exchange the wsm server certificates from OAMP and CVPs.

CVP version 12.6.2 Build 425

We copied the encrypted password from securites.properties and pasted while prompted. there is no modification happened on .keystor prior to this.

Thanks,

Ashiq

Hi @Muhammed Ashiq you need to decrypt the password and then enter the decrypted password. To decrypt you need to run Decryptutil utility in C:\Cisco\CVP\bin\

thanks and regards,
Ritesh Desai

Hi Rithesh,

Thanks it worked for OAMP server, But for CVP I am having this error as attached.1.png

storepass does not seems to be correct.

thanks and regards,
Ritesh Desai

Hi Ritesh,

I have rebuild the CVP server to fix the keystore error.

Best Regards