cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Language with IPCC Express 4.0

johutchins
Level 1
Level 1

Our scripts were originally setup to go to en_us\companyname. When I upgraded to 4.0(2), the Language would not accept the directory and the scripts cannot find the prompts.

I can copy the files up a level and that works, but when I restart the engine, it removes them and I have to copy them back.

In appadmin, under Prompts, it sees the directory and the prompts.

Any thoughts on why the files are being removed and/or how I can properly setup the Language variable to look into that subdirectory?

--Jon

2 Replies 2

rduric
Level 5
Level 5

I have the same problem. I'm migrating my IPCCX 3.5.3 applications to 4.0.5. Our scripts are setup to use an Override Language as:

L[helpcentre] or reception[reception] but now in the 4.0.5 version I don't know what syntax to use for the creation of these language folders? If I just go with the en_CA (which I only selected during the 4.0.5 installation) or leave this field empty my Generated prompts don't work properly.

I also noticed whenever I restart the CRS engine my prompts in the prompt\user and prompt\system folder are erased. How can I stop this from happening? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I cannot recall excactly what we did for the language... I think we ended up modifying the scripts to use whatever IPCC wanted.

For the prompts, you need to load them into the Repository... best bet is to zip them up and load them as a zip. Everytime you start/stop the IPCC engine it syncs what's in the db to the directory. This is to deal with High Availablity.

--Jon