cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Max Calls, Busy Triggers and Call Center Software

kwajmahall
Level 1
Level 1

I inherited a situation where all of the line settings were incorrect for Max Calls and Busy Triggers.  This was causing quite a mess---wrong statistics, agents not able to login, agents not able to go ready, etc.

Genesys requires that we cap the Max Calls to 2 and the busy trigger to 1 in the Call Manager.   Needless to say I have caught a ton of grief about this when I correctly capped the max calls and busy trigger to 2 and 1.

My question is----are any of you guys aware of any type of contact center software that allows for more than 2 and 1?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For Contact Center agents be it on UCCE or UCCX environment, max calls and busy trigger need to be 2 and 1 since agents are supposed to handle only one dedicated call at a given point of time. Increasing it more than 1 really defeats the  purpose of Contact Center agents since their focus and ability to handle a call more efficiently will then go for a toss.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Bill Mungaven
Level 1
Level 1

I'm in an ICM/UCCE/IPIVR enterprise; we're using IPIVR not UCCX. I currently have an open TAC case where only certain agents registered to 1 particular CUCM Subscriber server (we have 6 Subscriber servers) were getting another call center call when already on a call center call. Only this specific group of agents had to juggle 2 call center calls at the same time. This only happened when there were calls in queue sitting on the IPIVR hearing on-hold music. Our standard line configuration for all phones is 4/2. Per TAC (apparently, this is in documentation somewhere), I changed the agent lines to 2/1 and this stopped agents from getting another call while already on a call. This has never been a problem until recently. I have other call centers with calls in queue but only this group of agents were getting 2 calls at the same time. Just last week, I changed this group of agents to 2/1 and I'm waiting to see if this fixes the problem or if it creates a new set of problems like disconnected calls. So far, so good.

If this configuration change fixes the double call problem, I'll change all dedicated agent lines to 2/1.

I didn't have any of the login or statistics issues you're experiencing. Changing the line configuration hasn't caused any issues from the agent/CAD software perspective.

Bill

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For Contact Center agents be it on UCCE or UCCX environment, max calls and busy trigger need to be 2 and 1 since agents are supposed to handle only one dedicated call at a given point of time. Increasing it more than 1 really defeats the  purpose of Contact Center agents since their focus and ability to handle a call more efficiently will then go for a toss.

Regards

Deepak