cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MediaSense CUBE recording with UCCX

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

Customer has MediaSense installed with UCCX currently and is somewhat frustrated that when an agent puts a call on hold, MediaSense breaks the recording and starts a new one once the call resumes.  I know, I know...that's the phone, not MediaSense, but that's not the question here.

Customer wants to "fix" this, and understands that forking the media from a CUBE would allow them to have a single recording.  Customer uses MGCP gateways currently.

In looking at the problem, I'm trying to figure out exactly WHERE to place a CUBE in this.  Call comes in from PSTN via MGCP gateway.  I'm thinking that we could set a route pattern to CUBE (which might even be co resident on the MGCP gateway...I think it should have sufficient horsepower here), and then hairpin the call back to CUCM using a different CSS on the inbound side.  The call would then hit UCCX and then the agent's DN. 

I drew this all out in Visio, and I *think* it should work.  I'm going to end up labbing the whole thing up to verify it but was trying to figure out if there is any obvious problem that will make this not a workable solution. 

Screen shot of the visio drawing are attached.  Looking for some critical thinking here to help confirm or poke holes in this idea.

TIA

Cliff

1 Reply 1

Graham Old
Level 7
Level 7

In my lab I send a block of number such as 31xx to the CUBE via a route pattern. In the CUBE I swap the leading 3 to a 2 so the number becomes 21xx and then send back to CUCM. 21xx can then be your CCX route point or a phone. As long as you can get the call to cross the CUBE as a SIP to SIP call you can fork the media.

This will record the full call from your CCX welcome message via the MoH to the agent.

You should also think about recording outbound calls and where in the call flow the CUBE would fit. Most agents do not present their extension when they dial out. So if the call crosses the CUBE presenting the Contact Centre number that is the number you would see in the recording and it is difficult to identify the agent making the call.

Graham