Views
Helpful
Replies

Miranda IM client as notification listener

mwierzbo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

How I should configure Miranda IM client to get notifications from Finesse server. I need to listen to notifications when a change of agent call occurs. Finesse documentation says about subscription to various kinds of events. How to setup subscriptions in Miranda?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I haven't used the Miranda IM client myself, but based off of the supported protocols, it lists XMPP which is what is needed for Finesse. In the Finesse's developer's guide, it documents how to connect a Adium and Pidgin (IM clients) to the Finesse server. Hopefully those can be a guide to how to connect the Miranda IM client.

As far as subscriptions, users are automatically subscribed to the User, Dialog, Media, and a few other nodes. The ones that need manual subscriptions are mostly the supervisor Team ones. So, after connecting the IM client by logging in as one of the users/agents, you should be able to see the basic notifications without having to do anything.

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I haven't used the Miranda IM client myself, but based off of the supported protocols, it lists XMPP which is what is needed for Finesse. In the Finesse's developer's guide, it documents how to connect a Adium and Pidgin (IM clients) to the Finesse server. Hopefully those can be a guide to how to connect the Miranda IM client.

As far as subscriptions, users are automatically subscribed to the User, Dialog, Media, and a few other nodes. The ones that need manual subscriptions are mostly the supervisor Team ones. So, after connecting the IM client by logging in as one of the users/agents, you should be able to see the basic notifications without having to do anything.

Thanx,

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: