Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobile Agent - Configuration Confusion

bmccloy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

We have successfully implemented a Mobile Agent solution and are piloting it with about 10 users.  Our business users are enjoying the feature and asked to ramp up use.  In an effort to keep up with their demand, we began double checking our resources to verify they can handle the increase use.  

While verifying our CUBE configs, I noticed the DSPfarm's MTPs aren't even turned on.  Calls are still processing, but we don't have any other MTPs listed in the Media Route Group for our Mobile Agent device pool.  I'm trying to understand how it's all working without these MTPs as all documentation I can find seems to say these are required.  I'm assuming they are using the MTP our other agent phones use on the MOH server, which could explain why we cannot record the LCP's call.  The only audio we can record at the gateway is the outbound call made from the RCP to the remote device.  

We're quite puzzled as to why our system is working, but this could explain why we're not recording the incoming call that routes to our LCPs. 

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is your PSTN trunk type of the Mobile agent destinations? In my experience you only need MTPs if the destination is IP based i.e. SIP trunk, and even then it does not mean calls won't work, but you may run into some supplementary feature issues, i.e. DTMF, etc.

As to recording is you Ingress and Egress GW different as documented as requirement in guides/SRND?

If so, what recording platform are you using?

We use SIP end-to-end.  We haven't been experiencing issues with the calls to our mobile agents, but typically our scripts in ICM are complete once assigned to an agent so there really wouldn't be any DTMF issues - I think.  

We use 1 CUBE for Ingress and Egress.  I saw a post of yours earlier referencing the SRND docs but haven't been able to find that piece while looking through them.  I'll keep looking though.

Currently we record through MediaSense and use Calabrio as a platform for the business to access recordings.  We see recordings for every call made out from our RCPs extension to the mobile agent's phone number.  I plan on turning on those CUBE MTPs for some testing this weekend, but I'm just trying to fully understand the flow at this point.

From SRND:

"

If you enable Silent Monitoring, use different Voice Gateways for ingress and egress.

"

which applies to call recording of mobile agents as well.