cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple agents on the same phone (shift employees)

g.kwait
Level 1
Level 1

I have a situation where I am going to have a "war room" for a conversion. We are going to have shifts of people on the phones to handle any questions. Each user has particular skill levels for different skills. The problem I am faced with is that users will not be at the same phone ext. everytime they are in the "war room" I need the agents to be able to log onto any pc (obviously I have that part figured out) but more importantly, I need them to login into CAD on that PC and have the phone ring that is on that desk. In other words, if they are assigned to a particular ext. when they log into CAD they can only put the ext. they are configured with, so the phone may ring on another desk than they are sitting.

2 Replies 2

pralex
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You can implement the Extension Mobility feature in Cisco CallManager.

For example, when user A occupies a desk and logs in to the phone, his directory number(s), services, speed dials, and other properties appear on that phone; but when user B uses the same desk at a different time, his information appears. The Extension Mobility feature dynamically configures a phone according to the current user.

Regards

Prasanth

I assume you are using CAD 4.6.2 or a previous version. Just so you are aware, CAD 6.0 will allow you to log an agent into any extension that is associated with PGUser.