Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple CSQs, multiple skills, how do calls get distributed

billmatthews
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Currently have two CSQs, each with dedicated agents that have the appropriate skill.  For csq1 agents have skill1 competency5.  For csq2 agents have skill2 completency5.

We would like those two groups to provide backup for each other.  So I imagine I can assign agents from csq1 the skill2 competency1. In that case all calls will go to original (competency5) csq2 agents unless none of them are available.  So far so good.

My question is what happens when a queue gets busy.  So let's say csq1 has 20 calls waiting in queue, and all agents are answering calls for that queue.  Then a call comes into csq2.  Will that call get handed to a skill2 competency 5 agent when they become available, or will that call get put in line behind all the csq1 calls.

This is UCCX 8.5 and we're using separate scripts if that matters.  i.e. csq1 is handled by script1, and csq2 is handled by script2.

Hope that makes sense.  Thanks

Bill

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The new call will be behind the 20 calls from CSQ because all contacts at the same priority are answered in a FIFO model. Skill Competency Ratings only impact which agent is chosen, not which call is offered next. The only way to get a contact to jump the line is by increasing their priority (individual contacts are prioritized, not CSQs); however, this will rock the boat in the other direction in your example: the new call in CSQ2 would jump to the front of all existing callers and potentially be offered to an agent in Skill/CSQ1.

Mixing agents like this gets muddy in a hurry. The way I have done this is to use simultaneous queuing and the Get Reporting Statistic step to put some conditions on it. For example, you leave the skills/CSQs separate. Within the queued branch of each script you add logic to say IF the Current Wait Time or Contacts Waiting exceeds a threshold, AND is below a threshold in the other CSQ, THEN insert a nested Select Resource step that lets you queue the same contact to both CSQs simultaneously.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The new call will be behind the 20 calls from CSQ because all contacts at the same priority are answered in a FIFO model. Skill Competency Ratings only impact which agent is chosen, not which call is offered next. The only way to get a contact to jump the line is by increasing their priority (individual contacts are prioritized, not CSQs); however, this will rock the boat in the other direction in your example: the new call in CSQ2 would jump to the front of all existing callers and potentially be offered to an agent in Skill/CSQ1.

Mixing agents like this gets muddy in a hurry. The way I have done this is to use simultaneous queuing and the Get Reporting Statistic step to put some conditions on it. For example, you leave the skills/CSQs separate. Within the queued branch of each script you add logic to say IF the Current Wait Time or Contacts Waiting exceeds a threshold, AND is below a threshold in the other CSQ, THEN insert a nested Select Resource step that lets you queue the same contact to both CSQs simultaneously.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thanks for the explanation, that makes sense.