cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NO MOH - G711 CCM and G729 IPCC 3.5

cfitzs
Level 1
Level 1

This is the first time I have been involved in a mixed codec environment.

I have CCM 4.1.3 at G.711 and IPCC 3.5(2) at G.729.

I need to have MOH when callers are in the que. However at this time there is only silence.

Any suggestions so I will not need to record a 60 second wave file???

Also:

All testing has been performed onnet with G.729 between locations. External callers will use g.711 at the gateway. Should I be concerned about outside calls not being heard also???

Thanks

Carl

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you playing MOH from CCM or trough PlayPrompt Script in IPCC?

You have few options here:

1. Configure transcoders to transcode between MOH server and the IPCC

2. Put the CTI ports in a device pool that uses region that uses g729 codec between other regions

3. Instead of using hold/unhold step in the queue branch use promptPlay and reference g729 recorded files

Keep in mind however that Music sounds pretty crappy in g729, so you will need to spent some time on selecting the right one.

Rate all helpful posts!

Chris

cfitzs
Level 1
Level 1

I offically make it known that a mixed CODEC environment is not my prefered implementation. This has caused problems in sending recordings to desktop through e-mail (all steps performed in IPCC 3.5) and CTI Ports failing when the call is presented to IPCC (original problem when IPCC was at g711 CODEC and other locations were using g729).

Thanks for your help though, at this time I have really bad audio for those on hold.

You should hear the complaints about the sound quality. Gotta have a sense of humor doing this stuff.

Carl