cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

out of order variable (parameter) display in UCCX Admin GUI for new variables / bubble or help label in admin GUI

will
Level 3
Level 3

so I have an old script, with 4 holiday variables and some others, which are "parameters." these parameters are exposed under application management in CRS admin (Admin web GUI). when you add new variables to the script in the script editor, they are ordered alphabetically. but when the get exposed in the admin GUI, they show up in the order in which they were added. so they get messed up for users and it makes it more error prone and confusing for staff to modify. is there an easy way to re-order these variables so they are in alpha-order? see attached screenshot as an example. holiday5/6 are out of order /interrupted by the ForceOpenAConly variable.

on a second item, is there bubble or help label in admin GUI option available? Basically, I define a variable and want the end-user admin to know what it actually means or how to enter it into the fields in UCCX admin GUI. For example, I want to say add the date as mm/dd/yy, so someone doesn't accidentally enter it as mm/dd/yyyy. Is there a way to add a label to this admin GUI somehow to make that more clear?

thx in advance!

Will

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Will,

Unfortunately ASAIK on both points the answer is No.  I am not aware of re-organizing the layout of the parameter variable in appadmin GUI, sure would be nice. And there definitely is no way to add "comments" for them. Sorry :-( 

View solution in original post

As informed by Chris, the answer is definitely No for both these questions. In an ideal situation, it is expected that the end user who had been given the Admin rights should know these things at least and that is why he/she is an admin.

If not, then you will need to train them as you cannot take the risk of giving the admin capabilities to someone who does not know the basic functionality. Its too Risky to do so

As far as providing the syntax for the variables is concerned, I will simply print all what I need and put it on the Admin's desk so that they can look at it on the fly and know what they are for and how the syntax should looks like.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Will,

Unfortunately ASAIK on both points the answer is No.  I am not aware of re-organizing the layout of the parameter variable in appadmin GUI, sure would be nice. And there definitely is no way to add "comments" for them. Sorry :-( 

thx chris for the fast reply. that is what I suspected to. I know if I remove and re-add all the variables in order in the script programming interface, they show up in the right order, but.......

jeez, that's messy. Ill wait a bit longer and see if someone else chimes in. I suspect you are right on though! :)

As informed by Chris, the answer is definitely No for both these questions. In an ideal situation, it is expected that the end user who had been given the Admin rights should know these things at least and that is why he/she is an admin.

If not, then you will need to train them as you cannot take the risk of giving the admin capabilities to someone who does not know the basic functionality. Its too Risky to do so

As far as providing the syntax for the variables is concerned, I will simply print all what I need and put it on the Admin's desk so that they can look at it on the fly and know what they are for and how the syntax should looks like.

Regards

Deepak

thx guys, regarding the help message, I came up with one minor workaround (if the script allows it): Default the variable value (parameter) to the actual help message. for example, in the script: str_DateHoliday1 ="Enter the date as MM/DD/YY format". this will show up in the field; and the admin user can uncheck it and change as needed.

Regarding the variable re-ordering, im a bit disappointed that this cannot be done. it really looks junky after a couple iterations of the script. Anyway, thx for the quick replies!

We can only hope that the Admin remembers it forever as that will work only for the first time when the admin looks at the parameter on the application and set the date in it accordingly.

To be honest, it has not been raised too much from the partners/customers out there in the past else there would definitely have been some healthy discussions internally around it to see if there is a real need to do something about it or not.

Regards

Deepak