Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound 7.5 failover

d.malenik
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have 2 CUCM servers and 2 PG. Cisco outbound (ver. 7.5) was installed on the PGA server.

Tell me what will happen with the loaded contacts if CUCM2 server is not available?

From the logs I found out that the contacts were loaded for the call-down through PG2. These contacts will be handled?

Attach a scheme in which I tried to describe the situation.

Thanks,

Dmitry.

4 Replies 4

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

I am still confused on your architecture(is it PG1,PG2 or PGA,PGB)?

Generally speaking, Yes. the contacts will be handled again.

Basically when the contacts are sent to dialer for the dialing and when fails, campaign will mark them as pending, pending records will be attempted to dial later.

regards

Chintan

Hello Chintan, thanks for the answer.

Architecture - 2 servers - Progger 1 and Progger 2. 

"Records will be attempted to dial later" - 

I found in the documentation about mark contact in the database, but I have not seen the exact time checking this records.

Let me explain. I need to test the failover and I want to understand what time it is necessary to wait for that to verify the success of dialing.

Thanks,

Dmitry.

P.S. Sorry for my english.

There is not Terminology like progger1  progger 2 it may be ProggerA and ProggerB.

UCCE is always deployed as redundant solution with Side A and Side B.

regarding on a failure scenario there are two consideration:

1) CUCM fails

if CUCM fails, all ports on dialer will be unregistered and dialer will flush out all the dialing records it has currently. and the same records will be marked as pending by campaign in database. this records are scheduled to retry by campaign and the retry time will be available at CallBackDateTimeXX column in Dialing list table.

2) Dialer fails: if campaign manager loses its connection with dialer, it will mark all the records for that dialer to "U" (unknown state), all the unknown records are marked as pending after 60 minutes by Campaign.

regards

Chintan

Thank you for your help.

Dmitry.