Views
Helpful
Replies

Pass Account Number to Cisco Desktop Agent - Set Enterprise Call info

Stuart McGrath
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to display a User Input number (Account/ID Number etc No SQL Lookup) on the Desktop Agent.

I followed this example through but i can't seem to get the desired result

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-contact-center-express/70069-ecc-eg-seci.html

I have a Get Digit String step that passes the input digits terminated by a # to a variable called STUDENTNUMBER. (Image Attached)

When the call eventually makes it through the menu to an option that passes it to 'CSQ AREA' the first step within this section is Set Enterprise Call Info. Within here in the Expanded Call Variables tab I pass teh value "STUDENTNUMBER" to name "StudentNumber" the latter being a field defined in the Cisco Desktop Administrator. This field has been added to the default layout.

When i debug i can see the variable collect the string of input digits in the script. The Agent when logged in does have a StudentNumber field listed under "Field" with no "data". When a call comes in These options disappear and no StudentNumber with any data appears to the agent?

4 Replies 4

You have defined new layout "ASKUS". But have you created new layout in Cisco Desktop Administrator? Seems not, because in CAD there no ANI/DNIS/StudentNumber fields presents.

For example. Try to remove ASKUS user.layout and redefine StudentNumber to CallPeripheralVariable1. Then go to CDA and add Call Variable 1 to default layout.

Hi Valery

Oh, forgot to mention that I had created a new layout 'ASKUS'. I will start at the beginning and use the default layout. Are you suggesting I define the StudentNumber to CallPeripheralVariable1 under the General Tab or the Expanded Call Variables tab within Set Enterprise Call Info?

Try to use General Tab for assigning Call.PeripheralVariableX

Hi Valery,

Thanks for the assistance, it appears my original method (and ASKUS layout) was working. Although when uploading the script it asked to 'restart the application' I don't think clicking yes was restarting it. I went in and restarted the application from application management and it is now working!