cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Passing Subject of an email to the "TaskRouted" flow

cnagarajah
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on a pop-up link for an email channel, when an email comes in, I would like to pass the Subject line of the email to the "TaskRouted" flow where I could use the Subject line content to pop-up a web link. Please Help.

8 Replies 8

Can you provide more information of your setup to assist?

Webex connect or ECE?

Versions used?

If Webex connect, v2 or v3 connect flows?

-Senthil

Hi,

Here goes.... WebEx Contact Center with WebEx Connect for email channel.

When the email comes thru the email flow (v.3.2) and when it's gets routed to an agent, it should activate the "TaskRouted" flow, where I could like to use the initial email's Subject link to pop-up a URL.

Personally, I haven't tried this in my GT yet.

But have you tried checking the GitHub pages for this version? There is event handling section discussed on this page.

Cisco has maintained some decent documentation with regards to WxCC in GH.

webexcc-digital-channels/Webex Connect Flows/v3.2/Template/Event Handling Workflows at main · CiscoDevNet/webexcc-digital-channels · GitHub

HTH

Senthil

Hi,
That link is not that helpful for my question.

Not sure if posting external external teams link are supported here. try this link below to join this WxCC space filled with brilliant minds. Pretty sure members there can help or nudge in the correct direction. This is an open webex forum and anyone can join.

webexteams://im?space=3cfd2ee0-26e3-11ec-bcf4-6504b458c42a 

Good luck and if you find the answers, please update the community.

-Senthil

I managed to create a Global Variable in WxCC and use Set Variable step in the main email flow to assign the value and use the Global Variable in the TaskRouted flow to pop-up the URL when the email gets routed to an agent.

cnagarajah
Level 1
Level 1

Task Routed - Get Variable.jpgTask Routed.jpgSet Variable Step.jpgEmail Flow.jpgGlobal Variable.jpg

cnagarajah
Level 1
Level 1

Also, figured out the flow custom variable to pass value from the main email flow to Task Routed flow.

Create: Email Flow custom variable (popUpURL) - main flow

Set Variable: Please see attached

From Task Routed flow - go to Evaluate step:

assign var popUpURL = extractVariable("popUpURL") (See attached)Evaluate-Flow.jpgSet Variable-Flow.jpg