cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Passing variables from script1 to script2 updating them then passing them back to script1

george.ingles
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I’m using the place call step in script 1 to land in script 2. I’m able to pass variables using  the session steps from script 1 to script 2 by:

Script1 – Get Contact Info and Set Session Info

Script2 – Get Contact Info and Get Session Info

This is working fine.

My issue is after updating the variables in script2 using the Set Session step I’m not seeing them in Script 1. In script 1 I’m using Get Contact Info, Get Session, Get Session Information. I’ve tried removing the Get Contact Info still not working.  I’m getting an error on the Get Session Info step telling me the session is null. I’m using the data from script 1 and 2 to update a database.

Thanks in advance for any help.

3 Replies 3

Samuel Womack
Level 5
Level 5

Can you elaborate on why you would pass the call to another script using the Place Call Step. I would typically use CallSubflow..where you do not have to use Session Variables.

This was the method that I was taught and it has been working fine for years(and still is).  I'm adding a couple of fields to the database as an enhancement and getting stuck on passing the new fields back to the calling script. All of the original fields I'm able to capture from the main script.

Can you verify that the Set Session Info Step Context Tab "Names" (for the variable that isn't being updated in script 1) in Script 2 is the same "Names" in the same tab in the Get Session Info is the Same in Script 1?

Can you zip and attach the 2 scripts?

Hope that makes sense..Let me know..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: