Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Preventing Auto-Responses in Webex CC for Ongoing Email Conversations

Hi community,

Can anyone help me with the following or direct me to any reference materials I can explore further? 

Currently, the Webex CC email flow is set up to send auto-responses for new incoming emails. However, it's also sending auto-responses to all emails, including replies within an existing conversation thread.

During the testing, I observed that if the agent doesn't close (END) the conversation, the system doesn't send further auto-responses for any email replies. But once the agent ends the conversation, the system sends an auto-response for every reply even if it's still part of the same email thread.

Is there a way to prevent auto-responses from being sent for replies in ongoing conversations? Are there any specific parameters in the flow that I can modify to control when the auto-responses are triggered?

I'm using v3.2 and noticed that v3.3 is available on GitHub, but I'm unsure what changes are included in the new version.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Regards,

Shalid

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi All,

I’ve found the answer to my query and have tested and verified it with the Cisco Team as well.

In the "Resolve Conversation" node, you need to bypass the email node for the "Reopen" outcome.

• Reopened: Reopens an ongoing conversation.
  • Created: For starting a new conversation.

ShalidKurunnanChalil_0-1727708048632.png

In my case, both the "Reopened" and "Created" outcomes were connected to the email node. Just sharing this for reference in case anyone encounters a similar issue.

Regards,

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hi All,

I’ve found the answer to my query and have tested and verified it with the Cisco Team as well.

In the "Resolve Conversation" node, you need to bypass the email node for the "Reopen" outcome.

• Reopened: Reopens an ongoing conversation.
  • Created: For starting a new conversation.

ShalidKurunnanChalil_0-1727708048632.png

In my case, both the "Reopened" and "Created" outcomes were connected to the email node. Just sharing this for reference in case anyone encounters a similar issue.

Regards,